13 May 2007

France vs. Suède (3)

This time, France and Sweden were competing in the Eurovision Song Contest 2007 that took place yesterday in Helsinki, Finland. Well, they were 22 other competing countries, but let's just forget them, they were all bad anyway. What a poor year it was, not that I am an ESC expert, but I just thought there was no good song.

Well, here is Sweden's contribution: The worrying kind by The Ark


And France's contribution: L'amour à la francaise by Les fatals picards


What do you think of them? As far as I am concerned, I've know The Ark for a few years and like their music even if this song is more mainstream that what they're used to do. The first time I heard it I was a bit disappointed because I thought they could have done better. But after listenning to it a few times I started to like it. It's fresh, positive and catchy.

As for the French song, I had never ever heard of the group Les fatals picards before... And when I heard the song I thought: "eh... what the f*ck is this?" I mean, it's better than what we use to send with all these lame ballad songs, it's a bit catchy but at the same time quite irritating and annoying. You know when you have a hair in the face or a fly on the arm in the summer that is itching but doesn't want to leave... and what's this with the accent? Why the hell do they think with an English accent? In France we're so bad at talking English so who would be soooo good in English that they actually start speaking French like an English man... please. Pathetic.

Well, I guess you have understood who got my 12 points... Yes Sweden. The rest of Europe seemed to agree with me. Sweden ended up 18th (didn't think they would end up so far...) and France 22nd, as usual in the bottom 3!

Well, given that this post is about comparing France & Sweden and given the bad quality of the other contributions, I am not going to comment Serbia winning the whole thing. But what about you: did you watch? Did you vote? What did you think of it?

See you next year!

2 comments:

  1. The french song was my favorite. A really catchy chorus and I thought they were funny, sort of self ironic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Self irony? That's true... but it might be the only thing they had! :-p

    If you want to listen to some really good french music, mail me, and I'll have you realise the poor quality of this song. ;-)

    ReplyDelete