02 October 2007

Paris Paris! (2)

God so quick! It went way too fast and I left way too early on Sunday morning. When people asked if I wasn't sad to leave soo early o the Saturday morning. Of course I wished I had been able to stay longer. But as I said, when I left Paris at the end of July I thought I wouldn't be able to see my friends before christmas. Therefore, when I got this opportunity to come thanks to my job, I took it as a nice opportunity, a kind of bonus. And I have realised over the last two or three years that everytime is too short but that I am always going to come back so instead of trying to do too many things, I make less but try to enjoy them 100%.

On thursday and friday I was working then, at the fair. When it was over, I let my boss go back to the airport while I took the subway to go to my grand-father's flat, when I lived a few years ago and where I always stay when I am in Paris. I watched french TV a bit, and froze as the heaters were not on and I was tired. I actually warmed up in the subway then, hehe! I went to see Sophie, my best friend who had received "bread, cheese & wine" as instructions for the dinner. She didn't let me down, far from it. As starters I got Sauternes and foie gras (with pear and Jurancon wine, the wine from my hometown Pau). Then a goat cheese sallad and spanish ham with red wine. And for dessert, chocolate fondue!!! with bananas, pears and strawberries. God that was good and I kept eating after beeing full, bad but so good! ;)

On saturday I had planned to go to an exhibition as I hadn't seen any in aaaaages and there is one about Cezanne and Picasso in Musée d'Orsay which is around 300m from our flat. I had also talked about going with Anne-Aurore but after the dinner I told her to forget about it as I was too tired. I thought then that I could have a walk in the neighbourhood and do a bit of shopping, I needed some Petit Bateau tee-shirts. Yeah right! I woke up at 12h15! Jump into the shower and hop! on my way to my first "appointment" of the day, a nice brunch with Alex and Etienne. Good food and good friends and good talk and no stress... what else? Later I had a cup of tea with my franco-nowegian couple of friends before finding my Petit Bateau tees. And then I crossed Paris to go to a Swedish grocery store where I bought all kind of products that you can find here. In the evening we were twelve at home and had a Swedish buffet. I hope they liked it. We had:
- salmon with chives and cream
- meatballs
- herring
- bread and cheese
- and of course potatoes otherwise it would be a swedish dinner!

We had a lot of fun anyway and at some points I had tears running because of laughing so much. It was great and I wished I could see them more often... They are the part of Paris that I wish I hadn't left. Anyway, like always when you're having a good time, time just flew and soon the night was over.

On sunday morning, the alarm rang at 7, waaaay too early and I was sleeping tight, that's for sure! But then, it all went smoothly and I even got a seat in business so I got a really good breakfast. And then, when I was supposed to pay for my busfair, the machine didn't work so I travelled for free. That was a nice way back, much better than it uses to be. Too bad I couldn't enjoy more of this happy and lucky day other than resting on mu couch the whole afternoon! :p

Next time in Paris: Christmas! Or maybe earlier...

No comments:

Post a Comment