17 June 2008

Shopping expert

My dear friend and victim-but-aware-fashion-victim fashionista Audrey is leaving in NYC and was in Paris a few weeks before me. She ran a "shopping-race" in Paris. Just like I did when I was there. She ran a 100m: 3 hours only, while I ran a marathon, I had 10 days. But both were very successful I would say. Her results are on her blog: read here. And look at my results hereunder:

Some beauty products:
-2 perfumes: Pamplelune by Guerlain (had it for 5 years approx.) and For her by Narciso Rodriguez (new one for me)
-2 body oil from Neutrogena and Le Petit Marseillais
-Make-up remover from Monoprix and day cream from Clarins
-Body scrub and body milk from Guinot
-Lots of shower gel from Bourjois, Roger & Gallet and Le Petit Marseillais
-Shampoo from Le Petit Marseillais as well
-Foundation from Bourjois

Some clothes:
-Pink vest with short arms from Promod
-Striped T-shirt from Promod as well
-3/4 arms pull-over from Zara
-Shorts from H&M
-Vodka t-shirt from my brother (dunno where he got it)

Some underwear because I find it very difficult to find nice ones or good ones so nice-looking good ones, just forget it...
-the one in the middle from Kookai
-the other two from Dim

Same thing with the pyjees as it also fits in the lingerie category... All three are from Etam Lingerie.

Some books, of course!
-the one on the left is in English and a present from my BF Sophie
-the other five are from a collection of small novels I like, Kafka, Neruda, Gandhi...

And some flip-flops from H&M, I had seen them here but they hadn't my size anymore in white...

When I was in Paris the last day, I went shopping with my cousin who lives in London and was here over the week-end. She also bought some small things like make-up remover, tights from Dim (I didn't this time as it is summer, otherwise I do) just like Audrey did. I live in Sweden, my cousin in London, Audrey in NYC... it's not exactly underdevelopped countries and it's more than obvious that one can find cotton pads, shower gel or tights but still... Still, they're not as good as in France and we like to shop them during our short stops. I guess it's a part of being a French "expat"!



8 comments:

  1. Anonymous17/6/08 23:48

    Tu m'eclates a mettre tes sous-vetements sur ton blog!!!! en tout cas, ils sont tres jolis. Et le gel douche Bourjois c'est une bonne idee. Oh la la, vivement la semaine prochaine, je repars merecredi pr 10 jours en France et au Portugal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous17/6/08 23:50

    tu m'eclates a mettre des photos de tes sous-vetements sur ton blog!!! Vivement mon prochain sprint la semaine prochaine. Je repars merecredi pr 10 jours en France et au Portugal. Qui a dit qu'aux US on n'a pas de vacances??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man kan ju nästan tro att du är gjord av pengar... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. L'autre: tant que je suis pas dans les sous-vetements, ca ne me dérange pas! :-p
    Et TOUUUS ces jours de vacances, tu les sors d'où au fait?

    Vickie: böckerna kostar 2€, duschgel knappt mer... sen bytt jag 10 dagars matbudget mot lite kläder... och lite skattepengar också. Och så både perfym fick jag från mamma. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous19/6/08 01:08

    Dis donc, je reconnais plein de trucs!!! :)
    Sophie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. J'adore ce genre de "girly post". Il faut que je m'y mette aussi!

    Très chouettes choix en tout cas (mais bon, ça ne m'étonne pas de toi!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8/7/08 12:10

    I found the T-shirt on a market on a saturday morning...

    ReplyDelete
  8. There you go, merci brother!

    ReplyDelete