06 May 2008

Vienna: the best

OK, here you have an illustrated summary of what I liked most about Vienna and about this week-end (except from being with my 3 friends of course).

Schönnbrunn palace. Where Sisi lived. I liek the fact that, ok, it looks like a mini-Versailles, but it has "human dimensions" that Versailles doens't have. Here you can almost feel like you could live here. You can almost imagine you were Sisi. Hehe!


The Belvedere. Where I saw The Kiss and Judith by Gustav Klimt. The first time I see any of his masterpiece. Well my friend I wasn't disappointed. I love it!!!

Yes! Here is the big surprise from this week-end for me: Vienna is a very modern town! I had expected to see more of the 1900 Vienna, from the era with the walz and the time when Vienna was competing with Paris to be the capital of Culture.

So Vienna is actually a mix of the old and the new as you can see on this picture. This the St Stephen cathedral. Such a pity that many of the buildings are so black because of the pollution. Otherwise it could look so much better.

Like this lovely half hidden building with an intimate terrasse that we discovered passing by.

There you go! Some spirit of 1900's! The day after we came back there to have a glass of wine and escape the rain. It feels like a travel back in time. Probably one of the best moment of these 4 days...

And another one good moment for obvious reasons, haha! I HAD to try the Sacher Torte, although it's not the original one. Maybe the original one is better because this one had nothing special, it's just a chocolate cake with a (good) chocolate topping. But the whole experience in the café was great.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7/5/08 14:30

    Et ben, ça donne GRAVE envie d'aller jouer à Sissi! Et Franz-Joseph???
    Bisous,
    Sophie.

    ReplyDelete