18 November 2007

Me Like

On Friday, I went to the cinema with my Bio-buddy Emil (bio means cinema in Swedish). This is a kind of habit that we took of going together as we both love it and have similar tastes. This time we decided to see "Curse of the Golden Flower".


I love this genre, I have already seen:
  • Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
  • Hero
  • Flying Daggers
  • and maybe some other...
Most of them, if not all are by Zhang Yimou and with Chow-Yun Fat, Gong Li, Zang Ziyi and Michelle Yeoh. You would think that you would get tired of seeing almost the same film with almost the same people... but not me! :)

In this one, the rythm is quite slow and it takes a lot of time before the plot is finally set so it's on the edge of being boring sometimes. But I didn't care, I was too busy admiring the fantastic scenes and costumes and AAAAAALL this gold, and all these flowers. I love how the actors express strong feelings such as love, hate and fear. Especially given that Chinese people usually don't show feelings, it's in their culture to be very reserved.

After that, I felt like seeing all the others again and I thought it could be fun to watch all of them on the same night, like a "special China" theme or something. I have to suggest the idea to my movie-buddy now. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment