14 September 2007

Long time no see...

Tonight, or rather in a few minutes, I am going to meet my friends Carlos and Fernando that are coming here from Halmstad for the week-end. I haven't seen them in more than a year and half now and am really looking forward to it.

Carlos is from Mexico and Fernando from Columbia (The country that "gave" Shakira to the world, as Fernando was telling us proud). I met them in Halmstad when I was organising the introduction week for the exchange students and they were among these new students. We had a lot of fun under these 10 days although I really had the change to know them only afterwards. There was a really cool group that year and we were a bit sad that they had to leave to Germany only after one semester.

They were in a program where they were studying one semester in Sweden, one in Germany, one in Denmark, and for the last one, to write their thesis, they could choose any of these three. Just like Canadian Liz the year before they chose to stay in Denmark and just like her, they had problems with the thesis. Luckily for Liz, she managed to move to Halmstad in the middle of the term and finish her paper almost in time. Didn't go that well for the guys to have to start from scratch and are therefore going to spend the whole semester here in Halmstad.

I won't complain, more opportunities for me to meet them. ;-)

Have to leave you, must fix my make-up, my hair, change clothes, decide which ones, and then jewels and shoes... shouldn't take too long, right? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment