26 June 2007

Italy & France (ENG)

Ok, in English too because I was asked to. Shorter than the French version though... it's getting boring to write the same story over and over and over again... couldn't be a writer, that's for sure!

Sunday: nothing special, travelling day. Good points of the day: when my luggage came out first on the line at Rome's airport, bus ticket cheaper than expected. Biiiiig minus of the day: no taxi when I got off the train as I had planned so I walked 1h30 in the middle of nowhere in the night before I finally decided to ask for help and a ride to the place.

Monday: went and buy some breakfast and ate it on our (my so far) terrass reading French Elle, ah life is good! Then I went to the beach and met the rest of our group. Bathed in the sea for the first time of the year, sunbathed and when the sun started to get too strong I went buy some lunch and had it the terrass & Elle way again. Then came Robert, my roomate for the week and later we went and buy some food for dinner: tomatoes and mozzarella di Buffala (Oh so goooooood!!), melon and watermelon and some good italian ham, and of course some rosé wine. Just perfect! In the evening we went to Emanuela's place because David was going to sing serenade for her as it's an italian tradition. It was a great mix of Swedes, Italians and Scots.

Tuesday: some tourism in good company. Mathias and his girlfriend, Robert and I rented a car and went to the most amazing Amalfi coast. I didn't see much of the road and avoided at least a half dozen accidents because of the Italians' driving but just the villages were more than great. As a great conclusion we had an exquisite dinner in Sorrento with a real pizza!

Wednesday: Wedding day! Male and Henrik, our other roomated arrived the evening before and after a big breakfast we're heading to the beach for some fine tuning on the suntan. We didn't stay too long because it was soon time to go back to the bungalow and get ready. It was then an interesting ballet of four people showering, ironing, fixing the hair, eating, make-up, where are my shoes? a glass or two of rosé, are we ready? ok here we go! We joined the group, had a toast for a fantastic day, got in the bus to the church, waited for the ceremony to start, got emotionnal, got in the bus again to the party... and then it all started: wonderful place, great food, lots of wine, great people, music. What a night!

Thursday: Take it easy in the morning and then, Male, Henrik, Robert and I, the bungalow team headed to Pompei. We mostly wandered around and discovered it as a whole but didn't try to stick our nose in the tourist guide and try to see eeeeevery house. After that, because we still had time and because we were hungry we decided to go to Napoli to have some real pizza. After all it come from here. The town was amazing, a mix of styles and periods in the architecture but it all comes together in a great way. And the terrasses... and the flowers...

Friday: The bungalow team leaves the camp quite early and heads to Rome where the others will spend the week-end while I fly to France. Robert leaves us to go and meet his friend and the three others go for a walk in the city that takes us from Piazza di Spagna to Piazza Navona via exclusive streets with exclusive shops first and then the smallest streets. At Piazza Navona we have pizza or ice-cream before we separate. H & M are going to the Vatican while I have to go back to the Termini Central station to catch my bus to the airport. On my way back I pass by the Pantheon or the Fontana di Trevi among others. At the airport, it doesn't feel good, it feels the magic is over and I'm going back to reality... but it's not over yet! In Paris I am staying at my cousin Helen for a few hours (just a few from midnight to 6 in the morning to be precise!).

Saturday: train and train and car and lunch and car again and the girls and I arrive at the church 5 minutes before the ceremony starts. All my friends are already here and it feels good to see them. When Alex comes in, I get emotionnal and feel like crying, she's so beautiful. I manage to hold my tears but behind me, the girls didn't. Hehe! Have to kiss Etienne but even more Alex at the end of the ceremony. The weather is wonderful (it had been raining cats and dogs the day before...), the mansion were we're having the party and sleeping is splendid, the food is good, alcohol is flowing, I'm with my friends... God life is good! The dinner is really good too and the party is great, went to bed at 6.30...

Sunday: Umpff! Headache, tired... but no time to complain, just to jump in the shower before mum and dad are here to pick me up. We have lunch nearby and then drive home so that I can meet the rest of the family and the new little kitten. It's so cute! My aunt and uncle and cousin pay us a visit for teatime, good to see them, it feels home. Then my brother Etienne, his lovely wife Gaëlle and the sweeeeeeetest baby on earth aka my Godson Clément stop by for an hour or so before they go home to Montpellier.

Monday: Horrible day, don't want to go home. It was too short at home, I'm too tired, had some may emotions during the week and most of it, no one or nothing to go back to in Gothenburg... but no choice so get a grip and go...

All in all: fantastic week: lovely people, great food, wonderful places, sunny weather... what else can one expect?

No comments:

Post a Comment