31 August 2008

More pain

Remember this? The competition my sister did last year? Well she did it again. Except that it was 98 instead of 86 kms... Just a slight difference! Imagine, almost 100 km and more than 5600 m of altitude change...

It looked like that this year:

Like last year, my stomach hurt, like last year, I kept pressing the refresh button when she was supposed to pass the several stages and her name hadn't appeared yet. Like last year, I went to bed late and woke up early. Like last year The first thing I did when I woke up was to check if she was still running. And she was! At that point, I knew she was going to finish.

And she did it of course, she finished. In 25h56mn53s. And it was very tough. Out of 2000 people, around 700 gave up, 1/3!!! It was very hot, around 30 degrees and apparently very hard according to the competitors. I think she can be very proud that she finished. And she is she told me.

And I am proud of my little sister. And in around 30 min, I'll be able to give her a biiiig hug and congratulate her. She must have landed by now. The beginning of two years living together, yipee!!!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Grattis! Bravo to your sister!
    And enjoy your time together! ;)
    Puss puss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/9/08 15:21

    ben chapeau bas Gratianne!!!!
    25 heures, ouahhhhhh !!!!!

    et bon repos dans ta nouvelle vie, et dans votre nouvel appart'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2/9/08 14:14

    Alors là j'dis bravo!!! Bisous à vous deux!
    Sophie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2/9/08 19:51

    Trop forte!
    Même descendre ma rue en courant je ne le fais pas sans haleter comme une baleine et suer comme un boeuf même en plein hiver!!!
    Bravo la petite soeur de Lorraine!Respect !
    Bisous et bonne vie à 2 !

    Ninie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3/9/08 17:18

    completement tarree ta soeur! l'annee prochaine elle fait l'ascension de l'Everest?

    ReplyDelete