16 September 2010

I love H&M nr I don't know how many

H&M generated a small revolution in the fashion industry back in 2004 when they announced that no other than Karl Lagerfel would design a collection for them. Here are the previous collaborations, always launched in November:

2004: Karl Lagerfeld
2005: Stella McCartney
2006: Viktor&Rolf (including a wedding gown!)
2007: Roberto Cavalli (and also Madonna or Kylie Minogue)
2008: Comme des Garcons (and also Marimekko, of which I bought some pieces)
2009: in the spring Matthew Williamson (I bought some pieces) and in the autumn Jimmy Choo (I bought some pieces)
2009-2010: Sonia Rykiel (Ibought some pieces)

As you can see they accelerated the tempo last year. And at the same time, some other fashion companies started with collaboration. Last spring, after Sonia Rykiel, I read about people getting tired of these collaborations and that H&M would wisely wait before launching a new one. Or create another revolution of the kind.

And then bam! They dropped the bomb: Lanvin. LANVIN people LANVIN!!! What will be next time, Dior? Ah I couldn't be happier, I love this brand, Alber Elbaz is a genius. So chic, so French, so timelessly modern, so... so unaffordable made affordable thanks to H&M. Thank you H&M!!!

(source: H&M)

The collection will be launched on the 23rd of November and I know this time I will get up veeeery early and queue. I don't know how the collection will look (we'll know on the 2nd of November) but it doesn't matter. Actually I would be happy even if I only got one of these blue boxes... I don't need anything else, 'cause I could watch the box everyday, put my jewels or my nail lacquers or any other girl stuff in it.



But if the boxes include some of these ballerinas for instance or a garment, I will for sure not say no. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment