30 May 2010

Good people

Today is my sister's last day to write her thesis, she has until midnight to send it to her teacher. Everyone who has ever written a thesis knows the last days are stressful, full of this feeling you will never have time to finish in time, that you should skip sleeping and showering and eating to earn a few but precious extra hours. Who needs sleeping and showering anyway?

Gratianne is calm. She's struggling and just taking pauses from time to time when necessary.

This morning when I woke up, I checked my facebook on my iPhone and the first post in the newsfeed was a post from Maite to Gratianne to check outside our door. As Gratianne was writing and I guess hadn't check her FB, I went and here is what I found outside our door:


There were two more bagels in the bag. Maite lives in our neighborhood, above an american dinner called egg&milk. One of Gratianne's favourite place here in Gothenburg, for their pancakes and bagels and all the good things of an american breakfast.

To this I have to add that Maite is studying a lot this week-end too: she has her last exam for the year tomorrow as well as a home exam to hand in. And yet, this morning, when she went down to grab a bagel for herself, she thought of buying a couple for Gratianne and came to our place to drop them in front of the door. How good a person has to be?

Just as good a my best friend Matthieu who has sent me another package.


You remember two years ago? That was Matthieu already And now he has done it again. For my bday. Before I went and collect the package, he said to me "it's just a small thing you know". Well no, it's a big thing to me! He thought of me, bought some French products I love that I can't find here: pâté, saucisson, chocolate and BRIOOOOCHE! He put them in a box together with a nice note and sent them to me. Matthieu you're the best!


Another best person is my friend Fanny who packed my Easter shopping like a professionnal and sent me the package the other week.


All this in May, my month. May is ending tomorrow but this year May will have been a great month. And I feel truly blessed that I have such goodhearted friends.

3 comments:

  1. C'est malin, j'ai la larme à l'oeil maintenant! :D
    En tout cas je vais penser très fort à Gratianne et lui consacrer toutes mes ondes positives!
    Des bisous tout plein.
    (le prochain paquet c'est MOI! :p)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ben il te fallait bien tout ça pour surmonter le poids des ans, non...?
    je suis content que ça te fasse plaisir, et merci pour le post!!!
    plein de gros bisous ma Lolo et bonne chance pour Gratianne!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also had my share of tears...
    It's true that she is just a great person, like Viviana or other persons here... S'gonna be tough to leave...
    Merci Matt & Manny, I did it!! :)
    Love to EVERYONE! :)

    ReplyDelete