03 October 2010

Shoes and Boots

In case you don't know it yet, autumn in Gothenburg is a wet season. Yes, it unfortunately rains often. And a lot. And as much as I own quite a few pairs of shoes, I don't have any good pairs for the rain. Already last autumn I was looking for one but didn't find anything. I was looking in France first but I was there in July and it was too early, the autumn collection hadn't arrived yet. And in Sweden, there was nothing nice. Si I wore sneakers when the weather was bad. And got wet feet. Spent many days in socks in the office with the shoes drying on the heater.

This year, I started my search again. I was in France at the end of August-beginning of September and thought I would be more lucky. Mmmh, no no! I went one day through the entire city, went in every single shoe store (ask Gratianne, who kindly came along to support me in my quest although she hates shopping). Didn't find anything.

So I came back to Sweden. And this time I found a solution. Rubber boots for the days it's raining. I just need a pair of ballerinas in my handbag to switch when I arrive and the office. Et voilà! And while we're at it, I found these cool panther boots. I like the panter pattern and wanted to by some ballerina ones this summer. I saw some on H&M's webshop but missed them. In the end, I'm happy with those because I think I can wear them all year round.


What about you, how do you face rainy autumn days?

2 comments:

  1. Oh la la, les panthères! J'adoOore!!!
    C'est mon look de rêve: la petite robe cuir camel de chez Maje, avec des mocassins panthères comme les tiens!
    Un jour, peut être...

    ps: me want photo of you with your panthères and new hair cut! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't.... I take the care ihihihihi!

    Manu

    ReplyDelete